An ultra compact, naked GoPro carrying, sub 250g, 2.5" cinewhoop. The KD25 is a very small quad for when you really need to be under 250g or need to have that extra safety. This cinewhoop can fit through tiny gaps but also has amazing performance for chasing fast subjects. It is one of the smallest 2.5" cinewhoops, and it doesn't even have to stack the vista or O3 on top of the flight controller, just like the KD30.
154 x 139 x 45 mm. This makes the KD30 (2nd from left) as small as the GepRC Cinelog 25 (left), while being a much stiffer sandwich style frame. Below you can also see the KD30 next to the Shendrones Squirt 3" (right).
How was this done? Mounting the vista or O3 vertically allows for everything to be pushed closer together, with the rest of the design removing unnecessary space and weight. This means a very compact frame without covering too much of the intake airflow, and keeping a 20mm standoff height, allowing the KD25 to also be less tall than other compact frames. The 3D printed vista cover also acts as a rear landing gear, with a cut-out for very easy USB and bind button access.
Weight? 52g for the frame with hardware and prints, and 57g with the GoPro mount and front bumpers. With a naked GoPro and a 4s 450 - 650 mAh lipo, the AUW will be under 250g, which is obviously very important in some regions and situations. Of course a bigger lipo (or HV lipo) can give longer flight times.
The KD25 is a sandwich style frame, offering a lightweight, stiff platform, that can take an aggressive tune and fly very smoothly. See the two videos for unstabilised footage straight from the naked GoPro. The first is slower flying, he second is pushing the frame a bit harder.
Flight time with naked GoPro:
- 4:00 - 5:00 cinewhooping
- 2:00 - 3:00 ripping around
The KD25 can be tuned well, and the frame kit will come with a Betaflight tune for the recommended props/motors. While all frames of this size have resonance that needs to be managed, the KD25 can be pushed hard and keeps up, letting you really lock in a great flight feel.
FC and ESC
- 25.5 x 25.5 AIO and 20 x 20 stack mounting options.
- Easy access to the USB port on both options, just like the vista USB port on the bottom.
GoPro and Power
- GoPro mount supported by 3 standoffs.
- Hole for XT30 and naked GoPro power cable.
- Space behind the camera for capacitor.
- lightweight front feet for landing.
- They attach around the standoff, so the screws go all the way into the carbon.
The KD25 is a pusher design, with unobstructed exit airflow, but also has a safer more guarded intake compared to other 2.5" frames, making it ideal for flying around people (if experienced enough to do so safely).
- Built in mount for the battery strap.
- Countersunk screws won't dig into the battery.
- Top mounted battery for smaller form factor.
- lightweight video and radio antenna mount.
- Crossfire/other is kept away from the carbon
- All still compact within the frame's footprint.
- The frame wastes no space or weight, yet everything needed can fit inside.
- M2 Torx countersunk screws save weight and don't strip, unlike most M2 hex screws.
The KD25 is very stiff and compact, allowing it to be durable for a small cinewhoop. While it won't be as strong as a 5" quad, it can certainly handle light crashes, with standoffs in key locations to dissipate impacts and reinforce the carbon. This cinewhoop isn't intended to be crashed all the time, but with a light setup helping lower the impact energy, it can take some abuse.
Weight: 52g for carbon, hardware and prints. 57g with GoPro mount and feet
Size: 154 x 139 x 45 mm
Mounting: 25.5 x 25.5, 20 x 20, Vista, DJI O3, 19 - 20 mm camera, 9x9 and 12x2 for motors
- 2 mm T700 Carbon Fibre top plate and bottom plate
- M2 x 20 mm Aluminium standoffs
- M2 T6 Torx countersunk screws, including motor screws (pan head Torx screws with washers for GoPro mount and vista cover)
- 4x M2 x 18 and 4x M2 x 12 screws plus steel and nylon nuts for stack or AIO mounting
- T6 Torx key driver
- 3D prints, and STL files via email
- Zip-ties for vista mounting
- Lipo strap
- Betaflight tune for the recommended setup via email
Recommended Parts: 25.5 x 25.5 AIO (20 x 20 stack also compatible). 1404 motors 3800kv on 4s. Gemfan D63 props. Much taller motors will not work, the props will rub against the frame.
KD25 Frame Kit - £79
Shipping, all tracked and insured:
UK, 1 - 2 business days, £4
Europe, 2 - 5 business days, from £12
Rest of World, 3 - 7 business days, from £15